Deferred disposition is an option to have your citation dismissed and not reported to your driving record. In order to have your citation dismissed, you must complete a 90 day probationary period in which no additional citations are received and satisfy all requirements of the deferral order.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must NOT possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL);
- Must show a valid driver’s license or ID card;
- You must not have been cited with Speeding 25 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit;
- You must not have been cited with Speeding in a Construction zone with workers present;
- You must make your request before your initial appearance date on your citation.
- Enter a plea of Guilty or No Contest and waive your right to a jury trial and right to discovery;
- If you are under the age of 25, you will be required to complete a Defensive Driving course as a requirement of your deferred;
- Complete a 90 day probationary period –Must not receive any additional citations within the City of Roanoke.
Defendants Under 25 years of age:
Notice: You will be required to complete a Driving safety course as a requirement of the Deferral period. You will have 90 days to complete and return your certificate of completion from your course.
How to Request Deferred Disposition
- In Person: Appear at Roanoke Municipal Court before your initial appearance date to request with a court clerk.
- Mail: You must complete/submit the Deferred Disposition Request Form (PDF) to the court before your initial appearance date, MUST INCLUDE COPY OF YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE;
- Online: https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/roanoketx
Fail to Comply with Requirements of Deferred Disposition
If you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions ordered by the judge, you will be subpoenaed to appear before the judge at a Show Cause hearing to discuss further proceedings. Failing to comply may result in your citation being reported as a conviction and possible penalty points on your driving record.
Click here to access the Deferred Disposition Request Form.