Court Docket & Appearances
The Roanoke Municipal Court has scheduled Plea docket, Attorney, Juvenile and Show-Cause dockets on the first, second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Trial dockets are generally scheduled once a month.
To Request a Court Docket Appearance: You may file a written request for a court appearance date to appear before the Judge either in person or by completing the form: Request a Court Date Appearance
Failure to appear may result in a warrant for your arrest, additional fees and a possible conviction to your driving record.
All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty. You have the choice to choose one plea. Please review your plea options here.
Clothing should be consistent with the respect and dignity of the judicial process. It should be constructed and worn in such a manner that it is not unduly revealing or offensive.
The Following Clothing Will Not Be Permitted in the Courtroom:
- Anything containing words, pictures or symbols that are:
- Related to drugs.
- Related to gangs.
- Sexually suggestive.
- Bathing suits
- Body piercings, unless they are covered.
- Facial piercings will need to be removed.
- Pants that allow undergarments or bare skin to show, such as low cut hip-huggers and loose fitting pants that expose boxer shorts.
- Tops That Aren't Allowed:
- Bare shoulders.
- Bare-midriff tops.
- Halter tops.
- See-through tops.
- Spaghetti straps.
- Tank tops.
- Tops with open backs.
* This dress code is strictly enforced. The defendant will be asked to leave the court and return in proper attire if not in compliance with this code.