Message from City Manager Cody Petree
The City of Roanoke continues to grow in incredible ways! As we grow, we look for new and innovative ways to serve the community. Our staff looks forward to continued excellence in customer service, and dedication to the community.
Roanoke is a great place to own a business. We offer low taxes and excellent location. We offer several incentives to businesses to open, and remain, in Roanoke. Visit our Economic Development webpage to learn more about opening a business in Roanoke.
Our dedicated staff are continually working to offer improved services to you, our citizens. Some highlights of their projects include:
- Communications: The Roanoke, TX Connect App has launched! The app allows residents to quickly access our most frequently used sites and services. Learn more about the app here.
- Information Technology: October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. The Roanoke IT Department reminds you to: use strong passwords and a password manager, recognize and report phishing and scams, and update your software.
- Parks & Recreation: Updates to Country Acres Park, including new playground equipment and a shade cover, are now complete. Installation of turf has begun on the Fairplay Park fields. Continue to watch for improvements to Roanoke's parks in the coming months.
- Public Works: Did you know the City of Roanoke maintains a superior drinking water rating from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality? Please join us in thanking and celebrating our Public Works water quality professionals. This amazing team works to ensure Roanoke continues to have clean and safe water.
- Senior Center: The Roanoke Senior Center is featuring several FREE technology classes. Visit the Senior Center webpage to learn more and sign up for the classes.
- Special Events: The Special Events Department is hosting another fun FREE family movie night this October 31st. The Department invites the community to trick or treat on Oak Street, and then visit City Hall Plaza for 2 back-to-back FREE movies. Visit the website for more information.
- Visitor Center & Museum: The Roanoke Visitor Center & Museum brick sales are now open. Click here to learn more about the brick paver program.
Please join the City of Roanoke in congratulating Sandra Pettigrew on her promotion to Professional Standards Captain. Captain Pettigrew has served the City and been an incredible member of the Roanoke Police Department for 17 years. We are honored to have been part of her promotion ceremony during the October 10th City Council meeting.
Our staff has welcomed several new additions to the team including:
- Jenny Brinegar, Parks & Recreation Department Recreation Aide
- Samantha "Sammy" Davis, Library Department Circulation Clerk
The City of Roanoke is a great place to work! If you are interested in joining the team, click here to learn more and apply.